Terms and Conditions
By clicking Register, you confirm that you agree to below terms and conditions.
This disclaimer states the terms and conditions applicable to your use of our services available under the domain and sub-domains at [http://www.hmvhk.com] (this "Website"). If you do not agree to be bound by this disclaimer, you should not use the services provided under this Website.
The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. Neither hmv Marketing Limited (“hmv”), nor its affiliates, nor any of their officers, directors, or employees, agents, third-party content providers, merchants, sponsors, licensors, ("Providers") or the like, warrant continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our services, and operation of this Website may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control.
hmv is not responsible for any typographical errors or inaccuracies set forth in this Website. The Providers may make changes in the products, discounts and prices described in this Website, and to the content of this Website, at any time without notice and they shall not be liable to any user on account of that’s user’s use or misuse of or reliance on this Website or its contents.
All goods and services provided in connection with this Website are on an as "as is" and "as available" basis, and are for the end consumers only. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, hmv disclaims all express or implied conditions, representations and warranties, including but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability, non-infringement and fitness for a particular purpose. Except as otherwise expressly agreed in writing, hmv makes no representations, warranties, covenants or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, as to the quality, suitability, accuracy or completeness of any information, content, service, or merchandise provided through this Website. You expressly agree that your use of this Website is at your sole risk.
In connection with your viewing and use of this Website, you agree that hmv shall not be liable for any damages, harm, liability, loss, cost, expense, or injury suffered in any connection with this Website whatsoever, including as a result of using, accessing, copying, or downloading any part of this Website’s content. In no event shall hmv be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this Website, including but not limited to direct, indirect, special, incidental, incidental, punitive or consequential damage (including but not limited to loss of business, revenue, profits, use, data or other economic advantage).
hmv does not warrant that this Website, its servers, or email sent from this Website are free of viruses or other harmful components. You agree to have sole responsibility for adequate protection of your data and/or equipment used in connection with the Website and will not claim against hmv for lost data, re-run time, data corruption, communication interception, inaccurate output, work delays or lost profits resulting from any use of this Website.
You agree to hold hmv absolutely harmless from, and you covenant not to take any action against hmv for any claims based on using this Website.
Privacy & Security
1. We are committed to your privacy. This means that we do not distribute, rent or sell any of your personal information. We may share non-personal, non-individual information with our partners in aggregate form for research analysis. For example, we will not show that you purchased a specific item but rather, how many customers purchased that item.
2. When you browse through our site, we collect information on the efficiency and working of our Web site. This information includes the number of times a web page is accessed, the browser used, and paths taken when moving through the Web site. Any information that we collect from you will be used to improve and personalize your shopping experience. All information is stored in a secure manner.
3. We use a cookie (see below) to track your basket during your visit. You may experience trouble when using our site if you do not have cookies enabled. If you have your privacy settings set too high, or are blocking cookies you will not be able to create a basket. You can check your cookie setting in Internet Explorer via the Tools, Internet Options menu, and then the privacy tab. Our site requires a medium setting.
4. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss of privacy, disclosure or information, harm, damage or loss that may result from your transmission or any information to us in any connection with this web-site.
5. We must cooperate fully with any legal institution should a situation arise where our information can be of assistance.
6. All areas of our site that request sensitive information, such as personal and credit card information, are protected by a Secure Sockets Layer, SSL. This means that the information that is sent to and from our server is encrypted. If someone was to intercept your information they would not be able to interpret it.
A small piece of information that a server sends to a client. When you visit a Web site with cookie capabilities, its server sends certain information about you to your browser which is stored on your hard drive as a text file. At some later time (such as returning to the site the next day), the server retrieves the cookie. It's a way for the server to remember things about you. Cookies are not usually nefarious in their purposes. One site's cookies cannot be accessed by another site. Please visit Google for more information: http://www.google.com/search?q=define:cookie
All content included on this website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, software and other copyright works, is the property of hmv or its content suppliers and protected under the Hong Kong and international copyright laws.
HMV shall enforce its rights against those who have unlawfully interfered, infringed or contravened hmv’s rights, title or interests in any aspect of this Website. Unless otherwise agreed by hmv in writing, no person shall download, display, post, record, "mirror", duplicate, copy, retransmit, redistribute, commercially exploit, reproduce or republish any part or aspect of this Website in any form, or any information found at this Website, by any means whatsoever, whether by electronic, mechanical, recording, photocopying, photographic means or otherwise.
hmv and other hmv related marks indicated on this Website are trademarks of hmv or HMV Group plc or their subsidiary/affiliated companies and other graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and services names are trademarks or trade dress of HMV or its subsidiary / affiliated companies. hmv’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not HMV's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits hmv.
Any other trademarks, company names, product names, and/or logos set forth in this website, including those of or related to any products, are the property of their respective owners. hmv does not claim to own any of these trademarks and hmv is not related to, endorsed by, or in any other way connected or associated with these companies.
Nothing on this Website shall be construed as conferring any rights or license to anyone to use the intellectual property rights of hmv or anyone, whether expressly or impliedly or otherwise.
If this English version of the terms and conditions does not conform to other language versions, the English version shall prevail. In case of dispute, hmv reserves the right to final decision.